Why a green tea brew may just be the best drink in the world.
Here are 25 reasons why a green tea brew may just be the best drink in the world.
1. Weight-Loss: Green tea helps with the body’s weight loss.It burns fat and boosts your metabolic rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to over three kilograms in one year.
2. Cancer: Green tea assists in reducing the risks of cancer. Antioxidants available in green tea is over a hundred times more effective than that of vitamin C and 24 times greater than vitamin E. This helps your body in protecting cells from damage believed to be linked to cancer.
3. Heart disease: Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol. Even after the heart attack it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.
4. Anti-Ageing:Green tea contains an antioxidant known as polyphenols. This fights against free radicals. What this means is that it helps you fight against ageing and promotes longevity.
5. Skin: The antioxidant in green tea protects the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals, which causes wrinkles and skin ageing. Green tea also helps fight against skin cancer.
6. Arthritis: Green tea can help prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. It also benefits your health as it protects the cartilage by blocking the enzyme that destroys cartilage.
7. Bones: The key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps to keep bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density.
8.Cholesterol: Green tea can help lower your cholesterol level. It also improves the ratio of good cholesterol by reducing bad cholesterol level.
9. Obesity: Green tea prevents obesity by stopping the movement of glucose in fat cells. If you are on a healthy diet, exercise regularly and drink green tea. You will never be tubby.
10. Diabetes: Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolism, prevents sharp increases in blood sugar level and balances your metabolism rate.
11. Alzheimers: Green tea helps boost your memory. And although there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s it helps slow the process of reduced acetylcholine in the brain, which leads to Alzheimer’s.
12. Parkinson’s disease: Antioxidants in green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain which could cause Parkinson’s. People drinking green tea also are less likely to progress with Parkinson’s.
13. Liver disease: Green tea helps prevent transplant failure in people with liver failure. Research has showed that green tea destroys harmful free radicals present in fatty livers.
14. High blood pressure: Green tea assists in preventing high blood pressure. Drinking green tea helps keep our blood pressure down by repressing angiotensin, which contributes to high blood pressure.
15. Food poisoning: Catechin found in green tea can kill bacteria that cause food poisoning and kills the toxins produced by those bacteria.
16. Blood sugar: Blood sugar tends to increase with age, but polyphenols and polysaccharides in green tea help lower your blood sugar level to maintain a healthy balance.
17. HIV: Scientists in Japan have found that EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) in green tea can stop HIV from binding to healthy immune cells. What this means is that green tea can help stop the HIV virus from spreading.
18. Immunity: Polyphenols and flavonoids found in green tea help boost your immune system, making your health stronger in fighting against infections.
19. Cold and flu: Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu. Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.
20. Asthma: Theophyline in green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.
21. Ear infection: Green tea helps with ear infection problem. For natural ear cleaning soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.
22. Herpes: Green tea increases the effectiveness of topical interferon treatment of herpes. First green tea compress is applied, and then let the skin dry before the interferon treatment.
23. Tooth decay: Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause many dental diseases. It also slows the growth of bacteria which leads to bad breath.
24. Stress: L-the theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.
25. Allergies: EGCG found in green tea relieves allergies. So if you have allergies, you should really consider drinking green tea.